Monday, May 19, 2014

Learning to RunDisney

Hey, it's me, Brittney Belle.

And I'm learning to run. I'm 25 for 3 more days and I don't love running. Yet. But, but, but I now weigh more than I ever have in my life. And I hate it. So I signed up for a half marathon. The main impetus, though, was not for health or weight-loss reasons it was because of this:


That's right, an Avengers themed race. I love superheroes. And I love Disney. I've done one other RunDisney race, the Neverland Family 5k, part of Tinkerbell Half Marathon weekend. And it was a blast. As I stated before...I'm not big on the running thing right now and even I loved that race.

Excuse the redness of face...we had just run 3.1 miles
So, why am I telling you all this? For the past several weeks I have been SCOURING the interwebs for a good beginning runner's blog. Most of the stuff I've found has been either on hiatus, too advanced, or no longer talking about running due to health reasons. 

This is the real reason people run, right?
I'm not an expert on running. Or health. Or nutrition. Or blogging. This is just going to be me, telling you, fair readers, what's on my schedule/plate/feet and any tips and tricks I may know. Again, I am not a health professional, I am just doing what works for me. And I am motivated by strange things. (Like the inaugural Avenger's Assemble Medal)

This is me wishing myself good luck.

So wish me luck. And I'll see you on the road.
I'll leave you with another one of my motivations.
So what if he's fictional. I love him. And pie.



No comments:

Post a Comment