Saturday, January 9, 2016

Grateful in January

Every first week in November my facebook feed fills up with people's gratitude. It's pretty cool to see the things that are important to everyone. But somehow it always tapers off. Now, I'm not one to get on anyone's case about losing track of time (see 2015, the year of 0 posts), but I am not sure I've seen anyone be thankful the entire 30 days of Turkeymonth.

And I think during the holidays it can be easy to be grateful. (also it can be easy to be not grateful and depressed too, but for the purpose of this post we're going to go with the easy route) You have lots of people expressing their love for you in the way of parties and gifts and SO MUCH FOOD.

But during January I have a hard time remembering to be grateful. I always want to complain about the cold and the icky snow (before Christmas, snow is magical. After Christmas it sucks), about work and school and the lack of time-off holidays, and on and on...It's hard to remember that just a few weeks ago I was all aglow with love of humanity. So here is a list (after that long and rambly into) of some things I'm grateful for today, on this snowy January day.

NOTE: Not my car...though I'm sure it has a remote start too
1. The remote start on my car. Sure, sometimes it's not fun to think about the reason it is on my car. (SHORT STORY: An ex put it on my car for Valentine's last year. So I refused to use it for a while after we broke up) But honestly, starting it from my bedroom while I'm still getting ready so that it's warm and snow free when I leave is the best.

2. Cozy sweatshirts. Nuff said.

Brooke was still at BT when we took this. 
3. Great roommates. Living with people can be hard. But I'm lucky to have some great roommate friends! And the fact that we can call our place Nerd HQ because we all have similar interests is the best.

4. Amazing friends. From the people I've known practically all my life to more recent ones of a few years or months, I am incredibly amazed at the wonderful friends that have found me over the years.

5. The crap-ton of
 amazing movies out lately. Seriously, I'm gonna go broke.

6. Working cell phone. Everyone's been there...your phone dies, you screen shatters, you accidentally overheat your phone while running a half marathon and it dies...the usual. I am so happy that this baby has lasted me a while (a year...that's like 10 in cells phone years!)

Marvel cozy sweatshirt!
7. Netflix. I can sit here in my bed...blog on my phone to episodes of Friends or Gilmore Girls or Jessica Jones (side note: Jessica Jones is AMAZING)

I could list more things because I have so many wonderful opportunities and people in my life. But we'll end at lucky number 7. So, gentle reader, how do you remember to be grateful during the cold and unpleasant weeks after the holidays?

Thanks for reading! Love you all!








No comments:

Post a Comment