Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year's Resolutions - Geek Girl Style



Look at this, blogging on the first day of the year? Amazing! EDIT: I started this post on Jan. 1st...it is now Jan. 5th...still not too shabby.
My very favorite New Year's Wish

1. Blog More. Check

But in all seriousness, I do have a few resolutions. They are standard but I think I can give them a geeky twist.

Already got my swag for FanX 2016
2. Save More Money.

This one doesn't really need explanation. I'd someday like to not rent an apartment and actually own a home. But in a more realistic for right now issue...FanX is coming up in March and I'm gonna want to do a ton of nerd shopping. My goal is to put between $50-100 a paycheck into savings. Not a ton, but it's something.

3. Get in better shape.

Duh, everyone has this resolution. But hey, I'm going to Hawaii in April...there's some real motivation with a hard core end date. Also I think I'd like to get into cosplay a little bit so I'd like to be in a little better shape for that. (DISCLAIMER: I fully support the "it doesn't matter what you look like/your gender/your height/etc...just cosplay the character you love" movement. I personally feel as though I'd be more confident if I was a little more toned....but please don't let your looks stop you from cosplaying the character you love!!!)
NOTE: My thumb is blue from hair dye...not from actual dying



I can't get enough of these medals. So rad.

4. Improve Half Marathon Time.

So, I run a half in around 3.5 hours. That's slow AF. So I'd like to shave 30 minutes off that, but a more realistic goal would be 15 minutes faster. And this should help with goal the third.





5. Take Classes.

I very much want to take both sewing (COSPLAY!!!) and cooking classes. I super missed the boat in school when I didn't take these classes.


6. Take More Road Trips.

Yellowstone. Moab. Zions. St. George. Las Vegas. I just want to visit many places this year, some that I visit frequently, some that I haven't seen in forever...I'd love to load up with a bunch of friends for a weekend and go. Who's with me?!?

7. Date.

Going hand in hand with last week's post...2016 is going to be the year of Brittney and Dating. I'm gonna focus on me...but I'm gonna go out and have fun too! And I'd like to do a periodic #DudesOfTheInternet review...I'm saving some screen caps just for this. I think it might be fun to have reader submissions too! So get your internet dating (or regular dating) horror stories out and let's laugh with each other!
                                                             

 8. Experiment with Style.


New haircut? New make-up? New shoes/clothes/glasses? I want to try all the above this year. Is this just an excuse to buy new things...maybe? (keep in mind resolution 2 Brittney...) but I really would like to project a more polished image at my job and really in life period. YouTube make-up videos...I'm looking for your help this year!


Happy New Year everybody! Leave your resolutions in the comments if you'd like! Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment