Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Motivation - Or the Lack Thereof

Guys, I have a really hard time getting up in the morning to go for a run. I think I've talked about this beforehand it remains the case to this day. 

But I have learned a couple tips that helps me, and maybe they will help you too! 

1) Set out your running/walking/yoga/exercise clothes the night before. Yes, just like you are your mom the night before the first day of kindergarten.


This really helps be because I wake up a little groggy early in the AM. Also, something about doing this really helps me psychologically, like I've been preparing to go for hours instead of just when I woke up. PS- I almost always run in nerd shirts and Bondi Bands. They are my fav!

2) Wake up to something fun!


As most of you probably know, I am obsessed with the show Supernatural right now. So my alarm song is "Carry On Wayward Son." I dare you to watch Supernatural and not love that song.

And 3) Go to bed on time. Seriously. I know how fun it is to stay up all hours of the night with your fun roommates. Trust me, my roomies are awesome. But I cannot get up with only 4 or 5 hours of sleep. I just can't. So I save my late nights for weekends and non-running eves.

I hope you all have a good week! I'm so excited for Salt Lake Comic Con this weekend! Tomorrow after work will be a total prep day! 

Question of the Day: Do you have any "tricks" for your brain to help you do an unwanted task?

No comments:

Post a Comment